On behalf of the German Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) we are happy to host a conference for Partner Organisations from Northern India and Nepal in the framework of the Development Volunteers Service “weltwärts”.
The background of the Partner Conference is the follow-up process of the evaluation of the German weltwärts programme. In order to integrate the partner organisations (PO) in the follow-up, several regional conferences will be held in all the weltwärts’ partner continents (Africa, Asia and Latin America) in the latter part of 2012 starting with the Partner Conference for North India and Nepal in Asia and for the Cono Sur Region of Buenos Aires/Argentina. Moreover, the conferences would also offer a framework for networking and exchange between the various players in the partner countries.
Thus the weltwärts Partners will be enabled to involve themselves even deeper into the shaping of this programme which certainly is one of a kind in the world. There will be space to exchange views and experiences with other POs from India and Nepal, with German Partners and official guests from the weltwärts Secretatiat which is the coordinating office on behalf of the BMZ. Together questions pertaining to the benefits and challenges of the programme as well as best practices and support strategies will be discussed.
The aims of the weltwärts Partner Conference are the following:
1. To inform partner organisations about the programme (history, goals, etc.) and discuss their needs (opportunities for input, etc.).
2. To present the findings of the evaluation and the outcome of the follow-up process. To discuss the findings and outcome with members of the partner organisations.
3. To formulate recommendations from the PO for programme activities.
4. To offer the PO a platform for sharing experiences and insights.
5. To create a forum for exchange on various topics (for example, quality, integration of the programme in development policy, technical and pedagogical back-up, demand on the PO side for reverse placements, experiences and needs in terms of measures to accompany the programme).
6. To facilitate networking and participation (for example, building up regional and topical networks, possibly founding representation bodies in the partner countries, elaborating possibilities for participation in programme development).
In order to be part of the programme we kindly request you to fill the application form and send it back by e-mail to your German Sending Agency whom we kindly request to forward the same to us and/or directly to us under firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Since the capacity is limited we will try to honour your registration on the “first come - first serve” basis.
Eligibility: All weltwärts POs and those staff members actively involved in weltwärts activities (e .g. mentors, induction trainers, relevant PO staff) are invited. That means, the person who participates in the Conference should be a practitioner being able to relate about her/his experiences with the weltwärts programme, volunteers and sending agencies from Germany. Due to the restricted number of berths we also encourage you to send one person who is able to represent several Partner NGOs in your vicinity.
Costs of food and lodging, the conference participation costs as well as transportation to the conference by 2nd AC/3-tier sleeper class train are covered (for Nepalese Participants: kindly contact us directly under email@example.com for your connecting air-booking to Delhi which we may book directly). Upon presentation of the ticket at the conference desk in Nagpur with our Indian Partner, the Ecumenical Sangam, you will be reimbursed with the travel costs. Kindly preserve the original tickets and send them back to the conference office upon completion of your journey.
|2012.07.19 Application_weltwärts Partner Conference 2012.doc||150.5 KB|